Accurate meta tags for each page, whether it is a product page, cms, or a categories page, is one SEO practice that can help you to rank higher on Google and other search engines.
If as a Magento store owner you’ve already set up these pages without using the correct and relevant keywords and meta descriptions, you can still update the metadata effortlessly. And you don’t need to go through one page after another!
All you need to do is follow a simple method which involves exporting the meta information in CSV form, and then updating the exported file and re-importing it to the Magento store.
Here’s how you can quickly update metadata on Magento store:
This involves our extension “Meta Tags Import Export”. It is available for both Magento 1 and Magento 2 stores.
For Magento 1 store, go to:
For Magento 2, go to:
Once you install the extension, it can be found in the path: “RedChamps > Meta Tags”
Exporting Meta Information
- Go to the admin path: RedChamps > Meta Tags > Export
- From ‘Entity’, choose the specific page whose meta info you want to export (all, products, categories, cms pages)
- Click on ‘Export’
- CSV file will be exported
- Open the exported CSV file and make the required edits in the meta information
Importing Meta Information
- Go to the admin path: RedChamps > Meta Tags > Import
- Choose the edited CSV file from your system
- Click on ‘Import’
That’s how easy it is to update the meta information on your Magento store. And once you have made the required changes, the crawlers will index the correct information, and rank your website higher in the search engine results. 🙂
Feel free to add your questions in the comments section. We will try to respond to it asap.